Washing, dishwashing and showering
- Don’t use the washing machine until you have a sufficient amount of laundry to fill it.
- Use the economy programme of the washing machine, without prewash.
- Dry the clothes in air, preferably outdoors, instead of using a drying cabinet or tumble dryer.
- Rinse the dishes in a bowl instead of under running water when dishwashing by hand.
- Don’t run the dishwasher before it is full, and switch off the drying function, if possible.
- Connect the dishwasher to the cold water mains. The dishwasher itself will then heat the water.
- Shower quickly and effectively instead of taking a bath.
- Change over to an economy shower head.
- Change the washer as soon as the tap begins to drip.
- Do you intend to change the taps? Choose a type that saves energy.