Improved energy statistics in buildings
The Swedish Energy Agency is working to improve its statistical documentation along with its basic understanding of how energy is used in buildings. Among other things, the agency is looking at how electricity and water are used in households and industry, they are also surveying energy use in different types of premises.
The project "Improved energy statistics in buildings" started in 2003. The following subprojects are in progress within the project:
- Measuring household electricity use in small houses and apartments, in total 400 households up to and including June 2008.
- Measurement of cold and hot water consumption in approximately 60 households.
- The research project "Electricity use in households – obstacles and incentives to save electricity".
- The research project "A bright future?"
- Energy survey of premises, STIL2.
- eKey - a database for making comparisons of energy use and the collection of official energy statistics for blocks of flats and premises.
- Use of energy by industry, working to improve and develop the statistics regarding energy use in the industrial sector.
- Energy use awareness, which takes a look at the role which property owners, the people who maintain properties (superintendents) and tenants play in the use of energy.
The project shall provide the Government Offices, the Swedish Energy Agency and other interested parties with better documentation on issues as to how energy is used in buildings.