A sustainable energy system benefits society. The Swedish Energy Agency has an overall picture of the supply and use of energy in society. We work for a sustainable energy system, combining ecological sustainability, competitiveness and security of supply. The Agency:
- Develops and disseminates knowledge about a more efficient energy use to households, industry, and the public sector.
- Finances research for new and renewable energy technologies, smart grids, and vehicles and transport fuels of the future.
- Supports commercialisation and growth of energy related cleantech.
- Participates in international collaboration with the aim of attaining Swedish energy and climate objectives.
- Manages instruments such as the Electricity Certificate System and the EU Emission Trading System.
- Provides energy system analysis, energy forecasts and official energy statistics.
The Swedish Energy Agency is subordinate to the Ministry of Environment and Energy, and regulated by the Government through the instruction and annual appropriations directives. Parliament and the Government decide on the assignments and budget of the Agency.
2019-02-14 09:00Energy in Sweden - Facts and Figures 2019Facts and figuresEnergy in Sweden - Facts and Figures 2019 can now be downloaded. This makes interesting energy stati...
2018-12-10 09:52An overview of Energy in Sweden available nowFacts and figuresEnergy in Sweden – an overview 2018 can now be downloaded from the Swedish Energy Agency's website. ...
2018-10-23 13:10 Press releaseNew innovation competition seeks world’s best mobility solutionsInnovations, R & DThe innovation competition Sustainable Mobility Challenge is now launched to find sustainable everyd...
2018-10-21 09:15Visit the Swedish Lighting WeekInnovations, R & DSince 2011, the Lighting Research Center (LRC) from Troy, New York, has visited the Swedish Energy A...
2018-10-10 13:30 Press releaseThe Swedish Energy Agency opens Cleantech Hub in New YorkInnovations, R & DToday, there are three Cleantech hubs, in San Francisco, London and Shanghai. Now another hub is bei...