Trading account

Here you will find information on how to apply for a trading account and what information needs to be produced for the application to be complete.

Application – Step by step

All steps in the application process must be completed in order for your application to be complete and approved. Click on the links to get more information on how to meet the requirements of an application.

An application for a trading account must contain the following:

  • Completed application form with information about the account holder (organisation) and information about the persons applying to become representatives for the account
  • Account holder information
    o Evidence of account holder identity
    o Evidence of address of permanent residence
    o Evidence of open bank account
    o Annual report
    o Extract from criminal record regarding company signatories
  • Documentation regarding the persons applying to become representatives
    o evidence of identity
    o power of attorney
    o extracts from the criminal record
  • Registration of representatives and application for account opening on the Union Registry website.
  • Paid fees

A trading account must have at least one representative where the address of permanent residence is within Sweden.

General requirements regarding documentation

All copies of documents attached to the application must be certified by a notary public. It is required to verify the authenticity of the document. In the case of documents issued outside of Sweden, the copy must be legalised or confirmed by apostille.

The date of issue of a certificate or, legalisation or apostille must not be more than three months before the date on which the application is received by the Swedish Energy Agency. Contact details for the notary public or other entity must be attached to the documentation.

Documents that are in original do not need to be certified.


The documents submitted to the Swedish Energy Agency shall be in Swedish or English. If the original document is in another language, a legalised copy must be submitted together with an authorised translation.