Delays and opening hours
There are controlled time delays for certain actions in the Union Registry that you as an account holder or account representative should be aware of.
Time delays affect:
- How long it takes to make a transfer to another account
- At what times during the day and week and year as transfers are carried out
- The processing time for an application to open or register a representative in an account.
26 hours delay of transfer completion
For security reasons, all transfers have a delayed delivery time of 26 hours.
However, there are exceptions to the rule. A transfer from a trading account to a trusted account has no 26-hour delay but is completed immediately.
Transfers are only completed during working hours (10:00 - 16:00 CET). Transfers that are approved outside working hours are therefore completed at. 10:00 CET the next working day.
|TRANSFER FROM||TO TRUSTED ACCOUNT||TO OTHER ACCOUNTS|
|Holding account||26-hour delay on transfer delivery. No approval by additional authorised representative is required but required if one is registered on the account.||Not allowed.|
|Trading account||No 26-hour delay on transfer delivery. No approval of additional authorised representative is required unless the account holder chooses have one on the account.||26-hour delay. An additional authorised representative must approve the transfer.|
- If a transfer is initiated from a person holding account, operator account or aircraft operator account to an account in the trusted account list, delivery will be 26 hours from signing, or approving by an additional authorised representative if registered in the account.
- If a transfer is initiated from a trading account to an account that is not in the trusted account list, delivery will take place 26 hours after signing, or approving by an additional authorised representative.
- If a transfer is initiated from a trading account to an account listed in the trusted account list, delivery will be effected immediately after signing, or approved by an additional authorized representative.
In addition, each Member State may decide that national holidays shall be excluded from the regular weekdays. In Sweden, national holidays are governed by law 1989: 253. See the current dates below. If the recipient account is administered by another member state and there are other holidays registered in that member state, it may affect the time when the units are delivered to that account.
Public holidays 2021
|2020-12-25||Juldagen (Christmas Day)|
|2020-12-26||Annandag jul (Second Day of Christmas)|
|2021-01-01||Nyårsdagen (New Year's Day)|
|2021-01-06||Trettondedag jul (Epiphany)|
|2021-04-02||Långfredagen (Good Friday)|
|2021-04-04||Påskdagen (Easter Sunday)|
|2021-04-05||Annandag påsk (Easter Monday)|
|2021-05-01||Första maj (International Worker's Day)|
|2021-05-13||Kristi himmelfärdsdag (Ascension Day)|
|2021-05-23||Pingstdagen (Pentecost Sunday)|
|2021-06-06||Sveriges nationaldag (National Day)|
|2021-06-26||Midsommardagen (Midsummer's Day)|
|2021-11-06||Alla helgons dag (All Saints' Day)|
|2021-12-25||Juldagen (Christmas Day)|
|2021-12-26||Annandag jul (Second Day of Christmas)|
Account registration in Trusted account list
A registration of an account in the Trusted account list automatically includes a seven-day delay before the account is approved and added to the list in the Union Registry. It is by no means possible to bypass the delay that exists to protect the account. All accounts belonging to the same account holder will automatically be added to the Trusted Accounts list.
Learn more about the Trusted account list.
An application for an account in the Union Registry shall be handled by us within twenty working days of receipt of a full application. However, it usually happens much faster than that.
If the application is rejected or if it’s not complete, you will be notified. If we need extra time to review your application, an additional 20 days processing time may be used. If so, we will notify you.