Basic information about the applying account representatives should be entered on the application form. In addition, documentation must be provided according to the information below.


For all representatives having an address of permanent residence in Sweden, the application must contain the following:

  1. Power of attorney
  2. Evidence of identity
  3. Extracts from the criminal record
  4. In addition, if the representative is a resident of another country than Sweden, evidence of an address of permanent residence must also be provided.

1. Power of attorney

A power of attorney must be issued and provided for every representative which does not have the right to sign for the firm according to official company documentation.

The power of attorney is required in order for the Swedish Energy Agency to ensure that the chosen representative has the right to represent the organisation.

If the organisation is not registered with the Swedish Companies Registrations Office (Bolagsverket), an official document that proves that the person signing the power of attorney is an authorised signatory for the organisation must also be provided.

The applicant may use the template for power of attorney provided below:

download- Power of attorney.png

2. Evidence of identity

A copy of a valid ID document must be provided for every account representative. Note that all copies of ID documents must be legalised by a notary public/apostille.

The following ID documents are accepted:

  • Passport or identity card issued by a state that is a member of the European Economic Area (EEA) or the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
  • Other passport

3. Extracts from the criminal record

An extract from the criminal record must be provided for every account representative.

Swedish residents should request the document from the Swedish Police Authority (Polisen) and provide it to the Swedish Energy Agency in the unopened envelope in which it was received from the Police.

For residents of other countries, the procedure and format might differ. If you are unsure, you are welcome to contact the Swedish Energy Agency. Note that if a copy of an original document is included in the application, it must be legalised by a notary public.