Account holder information
Together with the application form, you must provide documentation which enables us to secure identity and, if necessary, make background checks on the account holder.
The following documentation must be attached to the application form when you apply for a trading or person holding account. The numbers in the bullet list below correspond to sections further down which contain descriptions of the requirement.
- 1.1 Evidence of the account holder's identity
- 1.2 Evidence of address of permanent residence for the account holder
- 1.3 Evidence of open bank account for the account holder
- 1.4 Extract from the account holder's criminal record
1.1 Evidence of the account holder’s identity
Evidence of the account holder's identity shall include a copy of all of the following:
a. If legal person:
- A copy of the instruments establishing the legal entity.
- A copy of a document proving the registration of the legal entity; (For Swedish organisations, this can be provided by an extracts from the Swedish Companies Registration Office).
- A confirmation of VAT registration.
- Information on the legal entity's beneficial owner as defined in Directive 2005/60/EC including the type of ownership or control they are exercising, see Clarification about point 1.1 4 .
- A list of directors. If a Power of attorney must be submitted, this must also contain information on persons with right to sign for the firm.
- A copy of the annual report or of the latest audited financial statements, or if no audited financial statements available, a copy of the financial statements stamped by the tax office or the financial directors.
b. If natural person:
- An identity card issued by a state that is a member of the European Economic Area or the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- A passport
1.2 Evidence of permanent address
Evidence of permanent address may be a copy of any of the following:
a. If legal person:
- Evidence of the registered address of the legal person, if this is not clear from the document submitted in accordance with 1.
b. If natural person:
- Evidence of the address of permanent residence may be copy of any of the following:
- The identity document from 1.1, if it contains the address of permanent residence.
- Any other government-issued identity document that contains the address of permanent residence.
- A statement from the local authorities confirming the address of permanent residence.
1.3 Evidence of open bank account
- You must supply evidence of an open bank account within the European Economic Area. The evidence may be a certified copy of a bank statement or a document signed by the bank.
1.4 Extracts from the criminal record
- Extracts from the criminal record shall be provided. For legal persons, the extract should belong to the director or other person having signed the application form and/or powers of attorney.
Extract from Article 3 in 2005/60/EG:
(6) 'beneficial owner' means the natural person(s) who ultimately owns or controls the customer and/or the natural person on whose behalf a transaction or activity is being conducted. The beneficial owner shall at least include:
(a)in the case of corporate entities: (i) the natural person(s) who ultimately owns or controls a legal entity through direct or indirect ownership or control over a sufficient percentage of the shares or voting rights in that legal entity, including through bearer share holdings, other than a company listed on a regulated market that is subject to disclosure requirements consistent with Community legislation or subject to equivalent international standards; a percentage of 25 % plus one share shall be deemed sufficient to meet this criterion;
(ii) the natural person(s) who otherwise exercises control over the management of a legal entity:
(b)in the case of legal entities, such as foundations, and legal arrangements, such as trusts, which administer and distribute funds:
(i) where the future beneficiaries have already been determined, the natural person(s) who is the beneficiary of 25 % or more of the property of a legal arrangement or entity;
(ii) where the individuals that benefit from the legal arrangement or entity have yet to be determined,
the class of persons in whose main interest the legal arrangement or entity is set up or operates;
(iii) the natural person(s) who exercises control over 25 % or more of the property of a legal arrangement or entity