Basic information about the applying account representatives must be entered on the application form. In addition, documentation must be provided according to the information below.

For all representatives having an address of permanent residence in Sweden, the application must contain the following:

  1. Power of attorney
  2. Evidence of identity
  3. Extracts from the criminal record

If the representative is a resident of another country, evidence of an address of permanent residence must also be provided.

1. Power of attorney

  • A power of attorney must be issued and provided for every representative which does not have the right to sign for the firm according to official company documentation.

The power of attorney is required for the Swedish Energy Agency to ensure that the chosen representative has the right to represent the organisation.

2. Evidence of identity

  • Certified copy of a valid ID document (passport, Swedish driving license or ID card)
  • If the representative does not have a Swedish population registration address, evidence of an address of permanent residence must be attached.

New representatives in the Swedish part of the Union registry are required to provide a copy of a valid ID document (passport, Swedish driving license or ID card issued by a state that is a member of the European Economic Area or the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development). The copy of the ID document must be certified by a Notary Public. The Swedish Energy Agency also verifies addresses of residence for all representatives.

3. Extracts from the criminal record

  • Extract from the criminal record of the account representative.

For new representatives (verifiers exempt) in the Union Registry, and extract from the criminal record is required. It must be procured by the representative. Any seals or envelopes containing this information must not be broken or opened by you before delivering it to the Swedish Energy Agency. For Swedish residents, the record is covered by Rikspolisstyrelsens belastningsregister 9 §, enskild person, RPS 442.3

The extract must not be older than two months when it is received by the Swedish Energy Agency.

Verifiers are exempt from the requirement to submit an extract of the criminal record.


A Notary Public is Sweden appointed by the County Administrative Board and should, among other things. assist the public in certifying copies of documents. You can find your nearest notary by searching the Internet or visiting the website of your county administrative board. You can also visit the following website where you will find notaries in the EU:

Notaries in the EU