Basic information about the representatives to be registered on an account must be provided on the application form. At least one of the account representatives must be resident and have a permanent address in Sweden. In addition, documentation must be provided according to the information below.

For all representatives having an address of permanent residence in Sweden, the application must contain the following:

  1. Power of attorney
  2. Evidence of identity
  3.  Extracts from the criminal record
  4. In addition, if the representative is a resident of another country than Sweden, evidence of an address of permanent residence must also be provided.

1. Power of attorney

  1. A power of attorney must be issued and provided for every representative which does not have the right to sign for the firm according to official company documentation.

The power of attorney is required in order for the Swedish Energy Agency to ensure that the chosen representative has the right to represent the organisation.

2. Evidence of identity

  1. Passport or identity card issued by a state that is a member of the European Economic Area or the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development.
  2. Other passport

3. Extracts from the criminal record

  1. Extracts from the criminal record

The criminal record must be provided for every account representative. For Swedish residents, the document can be provide by the Swedish Police. It must be requested by the representative and delivered to the Swedish Energy Agency in the unbroken envelope in which it was received from the Police.

For other countries, the procedure and format might differ. If you are unsure, you are welcome to contact the Swedish Energy Agency for clarification.